Please respond to this thread after voting and state what you choice was in order to be able to make notifications regarding this poll. See the notes at the end of this post for explanation.
Option #1 - 12/8/12 - 830am- 1130am - Photographic Experience
A photocentric safari. Wild Africa Trek operations will dedicate a truck for our exclusive use for photography. You can bring whatever gear and bags you deem necessary. The animals will be in full force at 9.
We will have ability to drive through the attraction and pull off in 6 designated areas within the savannah part of the ride path for photos. We can only stop in these designated areas. All of these areas offer excellent viewing but the animals are free roaming and cannot be depended on. We can make as many rounds as time allows to give us the best possible shooting locations but we always must move in the direction of ride vehicle travel. When we reach the last pull off we must circle around to start over, a 15 minute or so process. The savannah camp platform will not be an option for you in this scenario. (No dining portion or stops at the savannah platform).
This information is based on an email that I received directly from the Wild Africa Trek manager.
Option #2 - 12/8/12 - 11am - 2pm - regular tour experience
Regular tour experience, including suspension bridges, lunch at platform overlook, etc. includes alternate options for those requiring special accommodations.
The Official list of who's on board for the tour? I think it is as follows so far...
First dibs go to:
3) PolynesianMedic (Jeff)
4) ddIndy (Dennis)
6) RedOctober (Jeff) - ALT. EXP.
7-8.) Sean & Karen
9-10) John & Sue Wolff
11) Michael Summers
1. The decision needs to be made no later than Sunday 9/30, end of day.
2. Either option is limited to a maximum of 12 guests.
3. The names listed above have right of first refusal but anyone can as their name in - ON THIS THREAD ONLY- and will be added in the order they sign up.
4. A member has offered to prepay for everyone to guarantee the reservation. You are responsible for paying him back in a timely manner. DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU CAN'T OR WON'T PAY FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE. IF YOU DON'T PAY BY A DATE TO BE DETERMINED, YOUR SPOT WILL BE SURRENDERED AND THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAITING LIST WILL BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO PURCHASE A SEAT ON THE TRUCK.
5. Majority rules in the above poll. If you choose option #1 and option #2 wins, or vice versa, you will be given a chance to back out and surrender your spot or accept the choice.
Price is $189/person + tax.