The Magic in Pixels Forum

Nikon Mirrorless Se...

Nikon Mirrorless Sensor Cleaning  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

Could this be the solution?  I don't mind putting a few dollars into the forum is this is what we are going with...   There are other add-ons as well that might be useful - not going to buy them just for the sake of it but if they are important and add needed functionality, I'm cool with it.

https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-embeds/

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 3:37 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

Dennis, if you use the link button above, make sure "Open link in new tab" is checked.  That's how I did the link to my website above.

1577911163-Open-Link-in-New-Tab.jpg

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 3:39 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin
Posted by: @tim

Could this be the solution?  I don't mind putting a few dollars into the forum is this is what we are going with...   There are other add-ons as well that might be useful - not going to buy them just for the sake of it but if they are important and add needed functionality, I'm cool with it.

https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-embeds/

Possibly.  That specifically supports video sites and appears to support Flickr.  I posted a note on their pre sale questions asking if it supported BBCode image embeds from image hosting sites.  I'll let you know if I hear back from them.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 3:41 pm
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

@msummers Thank you.  I really want to like this particular forum software.  Seems to be what we need it to be - with some tweaks and shakedowns.  I like it much more than the other platform. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 3:43 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

@tim

Same here.  I'm going to start a wish list thread in the test zone to keep track of issues that pop up during testing.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 3:52 pm
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

@msummers

Good idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 4:01 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

@ddindy what browser are you using?  I have the same aspect ratio issue on your photo when viewing in Firefox and IE, but it appears correctly in Safari on my phone.

1577914859-48473E17-85F5-4AB6-9429-FD3F1FD247E9.png

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 4:40 pm
ddindy
(@ddindy)
Green Box Mode

@msummers I'm using Waterfox, which is a slightly older version of Firefox with all of the nosy parts removed.  A web site should treat ALL browsers equally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 5:16 pm
mSummers liked
ddindy
(@ddindy)
Green Box Mode

Tha Santa photo displays properly using Android DuckDuckGo and Palemoon browsers.  However, when logging on, I was unable to paste my password into the password box. That leads me to believe that there may be some general copy/paste setting that needs to change. Pasting into a box for a reply does work.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 8:02 pm
mSummers liked
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

It seems to post correctly when you strip down the link to just the image.  Here's exactly what I posted to get the image below:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49301337708_6d56530dfa_o.jpg 

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 9:34 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Amazon Affiliate Link