Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Forum Wish List / To-Do List

Page 1 / 3
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

Current Wish List of Features:

1)  (OPEN) BBCode support for images and video.  Hopefully the wpForo-embeds add-on will do the trick. Waiting to hear back from them on the images portion.

2)  (OPEN) Right Click ability - appears to be site wide.  I'll let Tim decide on that. 

3) (CLOSED) Links Open in New Tab - Function is available when using the link button in the post.

4) (OPEN) https- will be applied after the DNS/ nameservers are changed over on GoDaddy. Tim will do that then this updated site hits RC status.

5) (CLOSED) Site Speed Improvements - New hosting has corrected speed issues.

6) (CLOSED) Attachment size limits.  Currently set to 10MB.  - Found the setting under "Settings" "Topics & Posts".  Currently set to 5mb to match WDW360

7)  (CLOSED) Flickr links are displaying with incorrect vertical aspect ratio on Firefox, Waterfox and IE.  Displaying correctly on Safari on iPhone.  -  Images post with correct aspect ratios when using the direct image location only.  Example: 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49301337708_6d56530dfa_o.jpg 

8)  (CLOSED) Edit and Quote taking multiple clicks to work properly. - New hosting and faster site appears to have cleared this up.

9)  (OPEN) Forum logging me out frequently during and right after posting. 

10)  (CLOSED) Confirm ability to edit posts on mobile devices.  Edit on mobile is required to manage attendance and dining reservations while at Pixelmania.  Currently I'm unable to edit on my phone. - Appears to be working correctly. 

11) (CLOSED) Adjust Recent Posts so that is appears at the bottom of the if width is less than 1300px? - CSS Updated to move recents to bottom and to remove text of recents to match WDW360 setup.

12)  (OPEN) Newline leaves a lot of space between lines.  Adjust to half current spacing.

13)  (OPEN) Adjust site so forum is full width like WDW360.  This appears to be a sitewide template issue, I will defer to Tim.

14) (OPEN) Quoting multiple posts does not work.  When you hit quote on a second post it deletes everything in the reply box.  Michael to review support forums

15)  (OPEN) Change font so something more readable in the compose box. 

16) (OPEN) Email notification promptness.  Notification emails are delayed up to 13hrs. 

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

Topic starter Posted : January 1, 2020 4:09 pm
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

#4 should be https?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2020 4:44 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin
Posted by: @tim

#4 should be https?

Yes, fixed it.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 1, 2020 5:28 pm
ddindy
(@ddindy)
Green Box Mode

You're right, this one is a lot faster.  I put some comments on this thread on the other server that should be moved over here.  I'll try to do it later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2020 5:39 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

@ddindy

I've added your tow items from the other forum in the to-do list above.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2020 9:49 pm
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

#4 - https - that will be applied after the DNS/ nameservers are changed over on GoDaddy.  I will do that then this updated site hits RC status, which shouldn't be too far away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2020 10:55 pm
mSummers liked
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

#5 is closed - new server is clearly faster.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2020 10:56 pm
mSummers liked
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

#11 would most likely be a forum setting in the backend.  There are several pre-built templates that control how forums are rendered.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2020 10:57 pm
mSummers liked
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

Also to combat spam accounts from getting in, I added a google reCaptcha to the login and registration process.  Deleted out several more fake accounts prior to doing so.  It doesn't seem like any made their way in since.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2020 10:59 pm
mSummers liked
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

Also to combat spam accounts from getting in, I added a google reCaptcha to the login and registration process.  Deleted out several more fake accounts prior to doing so.  It doesn't seem like any made their way in since.

Did you do that here or on the current site?  Checking the current site on my phone shows the number of members slowly creeping up.  Currently there's 131 showing on the forum statistics.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2020 11:01 pm
Tim Devine
(@tim)
Green Box Mode Admin

Here... your phone is showing the old server.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2020 11:08 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

Here... your phone is showing the old server.

So if we're the only ones who can see this site currently, then we don't know yet if the reCaptcha is effective or not, right?

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2020 11:16 pm
ddindy
(@ddindy)
Green Box Mode

@tim @msummers When you pick at template for #11, please make it full screen and not confined to a little box like the current one.  Look at the current WDW360 site to compare the amount of screen real estate available over there versus here.

Yes, I know it's a work in progress.  That's why I'm doing my bitching now. 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2020 4:20 pm
mSummers liked
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin
Posted by: @ddindy

@tim @msummers When you pick at template for #11, please make it full screen and not confined to a little box like the current one.  Look at the current WDW360 site to compare the amount of screen real estate available over there versus here.

Yes, I know it's a work in progress.  That's why I'm doing my bitching now. 😉

Keep bitching.  I would rather fix it before it goes live and more importantly, find if there are any dealbreakers before we switch.

#11 is closed.  I adjusted the width of the sidebar and adjusted the width at which it moves to the bottom.  I created #13 to deal with the overall forum width issue because the forum behaves the same as the full site which makes me think this is a sitewide template issue and not forum specific.  I defer to @tim on that one.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 3, 2020 9:38 pm
mSummers
(@msummers)
Green Box Mode Admin

@tim @ddindy can one of you do the following in the Test forum?  I updated the email settings to include the name of the post author and want to make sure its working correctly. 

1)  reply to either of the threads in the Test section of the forum.

2) quote one of my posts in either of the threads in the Test section of the forum.

3)  create a new topic in the Test section of the forum.

-Michael

My Website
My Disney Photos

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 4, 2020 4:40 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share:

Amazon Affiliate Link